NATIONAL SANDWICH DAY
National Sandwich Day is observed annually on November 3. The sandwich is believed to be the namesake of John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich, following the claim that he was the inventor of the sandwich. This day honors one of America’s most popular lunch items.
- National Sandwich Day (November 3)
- Grilled cheese sandwich recipes from chef Eric Greenspan ("Sunday Morning," 05/05/13)
- Celebrating the Cuban sandwich ("Sunday Morning," 11/22/15)
- Recipe: The original Cuban Sandwich ("Sunday Morning," 11/21/15)
- Recipe: David Cáceres' Mexican Cubana Torta ("CBS This Morning," 06/02/18)