What is Labor Day for Craftswomen?
For much of the United States, Labor day is a time to relax, bar-b-que and have a beer or two. Officially, Labor Day is held the first Monday in September and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers.
As a Craftswoman, you know that this is the time of year to make and sell! Summer shows are nearing an end and Holiday sales are about to start.
This Labor Day, if you haven't already, take the time to complete this short checklist to make sure you're ready for the season ahead!
Holiday Readiness Checklist
- Do you have plenty of supplies for your business? Not just creative supplies, think cleaning, packing and shipping.
- Are you offering gift wrapping? This is a great way to add value to your product.
- Have you replenished from your summer sales?
- If you are doing shows, are all of your show supplies (tent, brochures, business cards) in good supply and repair?
- Depending on your show schedule, you may need additional help. During the holidays, it might not be easy to find someone to "cover" your breaks. Start looking for "seasonal help" now!
- On a personal note, make sure you've got all your laundry done! I don't know about you but this is the time of year that it just piles up for me!
I hope you've found this article useful and encouraging. Don't forget to take time for yourself and you family this holiday season. Remember to share your "outtakes" with us in the Showcase! We love to see your pictures!
Also, check out this helpful article on Clearing The Clutter before the holiday season hits.