Top 3 Must Have Supplements
by Chris Latham, MSACN, CSN, CPT
- Choose a high quality, professional grade supplement
- Should be free of common food allergens, like soy, dairy and wheat
- Contains active, bioavailable forms
- Does not contain artificial colors, additives, and is labeled as non-GMO
- Should be taken with food to ensure optimal absorption
2. Omega-3 fish oil
- This is an essential fatty acid that the body can’t make. You need to get this through food. Examples include fatty fish like salmon and mackerel.
- Has an anti-inflammatory effect on the body. Promotes circulation, brain health, immunity, and joint health.
- Ensure it’s in triglyceride form for optimal absorption
- Make sure it's free of contaminants like mercury, lead, PCBs, and dioxins
- 80% of our immunity is in your gut!
- Probiotics keep your gut healthy
- Your gut produces vitamins and enzymes, which kills yeast and fungi
- Antibiotics, sugar, stress, chemicals, and medications kill gut bacteria… which decreases your body’s ability to fight disease
- Refrigerated vs. non-refrigerated: non-refrigerated is easier to travel with, but either is fine
****As always, be sure to check with your health professional before taking any type of supplements.
Santa Barbara, CA 93110
For the original article and a wealth of other important information please visit: