Sago Palms are poisonous to Dogs and Cats and are used as ornamental Bonsai houseplants. All parts of sago palm are considered poisonous, with the seeds (nuts) being the most toxic part of the plant. Sago palm contains Cycasin and causes severe liver failure.
Clinical signs include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, inappetance, abnormal fluid accumulation in the abdomen, abdominal pain, jaundice, and black-tarry stool.
Even with aggressive treatment, the survival is about 50%. Call your veterinarian or Pet Poison Helpline immediately for life-saving treatment recommendations.